Do you know of a venue that you think would be suitable for our student league races? If so, please let us know.
Washington Student League Race Course Criteria:
A race course should be suitable for all skill levels, but take into consideration that a large number student riders are true beginners. Ideally the course will include a nice mix of single track and wider track to allow for passing. High speed descents should be avoided, thus single track descents are preferred.
- 4 to 6 mile loop
- Some single track, some wider trail
- Start and finish line should be in near proximity if not the same location
VENUE: You can have the best race course around, but that does not necessarily mean that the venue is suitable to hold a race. Please consider the following:
- Is the venue accessible in early spring? Many great venues are located in higher elevations where snow does not melt until late spring or early summer.
- Is there emergency access? In case of an injury, can emergency vehicles access the course? is there a local hospital nearby?
- Is there parking for about 200 cars?
- Is there a large open field or area for staging the start/finish line, team tents, vendors, etc.?
LOCATION: Race locations should work for the majority of League participants.
- Is the venue located within 2-3 hours drive? To see where teams are located, visit http://washingtonleague.org/teams/
If you know of a suitable venue for WSL races, please contact email@example.com.