Become a WSCL Coach!
All our coaches are volunteers. They are generous individuals with the passion and drive to empower youth through mountain biking. Being a volunteer coach is a great way to introduce students to a healthy outdoor activity, be a positive role model, and allows you as a coach to be in the outdoors as well!
More than being a good mountain bike rider or competitive athlete, there many other aspects to being a successful coach.
A successful coach:
- possesses good character and is a positive role model
- has a strong commitment to positive youth development
- is motivational and inspires athletes to improve and work hard
- has the capacity to work in partnership with co-coaches
- is good at communicating with riders and parents
How to get Involved
Coaches are the backbone of WSCL and we wouldn’t be able to roll out these amazing programs without your awesome dedication to the future of youth cycling in Washington! To provide the best experience for our kids, and keep them safe, there are several requirements for becoming a licensed WSCL Coach. Some requirements may be waived in the first year of a new team. Contact Lisa Miller with questions: email@example.com.
Coach License Requirements
- Level 1: Non-leadership role. Can ride with the team but can not lead a group or a practice.
- Level 2: Leadership role. Can lead a specific group within a team or practice. Has the ability to plan practices under Head Coach Supervision
- Level 3: Leadership role. Can plan practices and lead groups. Plans ride schedules and training plans as directed by Head Coach. This level is often the Head Coach.